DTP Week 5 : Paragraph styles and Packaged files

Screen Shot 2014-02-25 at 12.22.38 PMScreen Shot 2014-02-25 at 12.22.52 PMScreen Shot 2014-02-25 at 12.23.07 PM

London Fashion Week Knitwear BrochureLondon Fashion Week Knitwear Brochure2London Fashion Week Knitwear Brochure3London Fashion Week Knitwear Brochure4London Fashion Week Knitwear Brochure5

This week in DTP we learnt about Paragraph styles and Packaged files.

After downloading all the files I needed from Moodle and creating a new document in InDesign I clicked in the paragraph I wanted to assign a style to. I clicked window>styles>paragraph style and created a new paragraph style by clicking the paragraph settings menu.I then changed the settings for the font family, size, alignment, drop caps and space after. I then saved this once I was happy. I then repeated this process for each section that I wanted to have a different style. I applied the style to whatever paragraph I wanted by clicking the paragraph with the type tool and selecting the style I wanted from the style menu.

This tool is really great if you want to edit various different sections in a document to look the same. It saves a lot of time and I think will be a really great tool to use if you were creating a magazine.

We then saved the document by selecting Package. This is the best way to make sure that if I was to send my document to someone else they could open my file in the exact same way that I left it. It packages the .indd file, images and fonts along with instructions for the recipient.